Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Good Deed : Too good

The Good Deed
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once a man died and Chitragupt was waiting for him to take him to Yamraj, Chitragupt said to man, ‘Before you meet with Yamraj, I should tell you – you really didn’t do anything particularly good or bad and I am not sure what to do with you. Tell us anything you did that can help Yamraj make a decision?’


The man thought for a moment and then replied, ‘Once I was driving alone and I saw a woman who was being harassed by a gang of thieves. So I got out of my car and went to the leader of the gang.’


‘He was a big, muscular, scary guy with tattoos all over his body and a ring pierced through his nose. Well, I tore the nose ring out of his nose, and told him he and his gang had better stop bothering the woman or they would have to deal with me!’ the man said.


‘I’m impressed,’ Chitragupt responded, ‘When did this happen? This is not in our records


The man replied, I guess you record keeping is a bit slow, after I said that they have to deal with me, they dealt with me and that's the reason I am here.

No comments: